This free application can connect to a JMRI WiThrottle server running on a computer, an MRC Prodigy WiFi, or to a Digitrax LnWi, and in turn control your locomotives and your entire model railroad. Speed, direction, and up to 29 DCC functions are supported for one to three locomotives or consists. You can create and edit consists (software-defined). You can also control layout power, turnouts, routes, and access JMRI web panels and windows.
- Add support for ESU MobileControl II throttle
- Optional high contrast colour themes
- Improved the rounding error on scale speed calculations (The throttle will zero more reliably)
- Optional alternate labels for the throttle direction buttons
- Optional long press on the direction buttons to swap them
The three throttles can be swapped independently
- Option to swap the gamepad direction keys also
- Option to hide BOTH the Speed Slider and the Speed Buttons
- Option for additional highlight of the Loco selected. Either via the Volume keys or Gamepad 1 or both
- Option to disable the hardware volume keys to control the throttle
- Enforce a test each time you use a gamepad, with an option to disable the test
- Some regionalisation for Australia and Great Britain
- Prevent some crashes reported to Play Store
Under Preferences, you can turn off the "stop on release" feature if desired, and you can set a Maximum value and Maximum change% for the throttle sliders. If you're planning to manually enter Turnout numbers, select the correct Hardware System to use as the prefix. If the throttle slider is too small for your fingers, increase the size in Preferences. You can also set the initial web page for the full-size web panel, and enable the smaller web view on the throttle screen. There are also settings to help maximize the use of your device's smaller screen by hiding items not relevant to you.
On your device, start the Engine Driver app and wait for your server's address to show up in "Discovered Servers".
Click on the discovered address, or you can enter the address and port of your WiThrottle server directly. (Using the values shown on the WiThrottle window.)
On the throttle screen, click on the "Press to Select" loco button for each loco.
On the next screen, click on a loco from the roster list, or enter the loco address (verify short or long), and press "Acquire". You will be returned to the Throttle screen.
Repeat using 2nd "Press to Select" button to acquire a 2nd loco.
Prerequisites (for JMRI):
Verify your Android device can connect to your network via WiFi and obtain an IP address.
Make sure you are running one of the latest versions of JMRI (2.8 works, 3.0+ works much better) on your PC, connected to your layout. Start up JMRI and verify you can use the included "Throttle" app to control a loco on your layout.
Start the WiThrottle function of JMRI, located in DecoderPro under Tools, Throttles. It is also highly recommended that you start the JMRI Web Server function (Tools, Start JMRI Web Server). Both of these should be added to Preferences, Start Up as well.
Prerequisites (for MRC Wifi):
Connect the MRC WiFi module, and verify your device can connect to its network and obtain an IP address.
Prerequisites (for Digitrax LnWi):
Connect the LnWi, and verify your device can connect to its network and obtain an IP address.