This free application can connect to a JMRI WiThrottle server running on a computer, an MRC Prodigy WiFi, or to a Digitrax LnWi, and in turn control your locomotives and your entire model railroad. Speed, direction, and up to 29 DCC functions are supported for one to three locomotives or consists. You can create and edit consists (software-defined). You can also control layout power, turnouts, routes, and access JMRI web panels and windows.
- new 'Dark' Theme added
- option for the volume keys to follow the last touched throttle
- option for ESU Mobile Control II to disable direction change at zero end-stop position
- option for ESU Mobile Control II to disable on-device stop button short-press
- multiple options for shaking the phone to perform an action
- Italian and Portuguese translations from Roberto Falorni added
- option to speak some gamepad related events
- option to skip the gamepad test with just one 'decrease speed' button press
- option to reset the Function Label defaults
- option to reduce the number of displayed Default Function Buttons
- fix issue with ESU Mobile Control II knob position not updating on EStop
- fix issue with ESU Mobile Control II knob position updating speed even when screen locked
- separate preferences for Volume key and Gamepad speed increments
- import includes throttle name if on the same device that exported them
- prevent some crashes reported to Google Play
- option to hide the demo server
- fixed mis-handling of WiThrottle-created consists
- option to change languages from the preferences screen
- no longer requires an accelerometer in the device to install from the Play Store (reported bug)
- option to change the long press delay for the direction buttons
Under Preferences, you can turn off the "stop on release" feature if desired, and you can set a Maximum value and Maximum change% for the throttle sliders. If you're planning to manually enter Turnout numbers, select the correct Hardware System to use as the prefix. If the throttle slider is too small for your fingers, increase the size in Preferences. You can also set the initial web page for the full-size web panel, and enable the smaller web view on the throttle screen. There are also settings to help maximize the use of your device's smaller screen by hiding items not relevant to you.
On your device, start the Engine Driver app and wait for your server's address to show up in "Discovered Servers".
Click on the discovered address, or you can enter the address and port of your WiThrottle server directly. (Using the values shown on the WiThrottle window.)
On the throttle screen, click on the "Press to Select" loco button for each loco.
On the next screen, click on a loco from the roster list, or enter the loco address (verify short or long), and press "Acquire". You will be returned to the Throttle screen.
Repeat using 2nd "Press to Select" button to acquire a 2nd loco.
Prerequisites (for JMRI):
Verify your Android device can connect to your network via WiFi and obtain an IP address.
Make sure you are running one of the latest versions of JMRI (2.8 works, 3.0+ works much better) on your PC, connected to your layout. Start up JMRI and verify you can use the included "Throttle" app to control a loco on your layout.
Start the WiThrottle function of JMRI, located in DecoderPro under Tools, Throttles. It is also highly recommended that you start the JMRI Web Server function (Tools, Start JMRI Web Server). Both of these should be added to Preferences, Start Up as well.
Prerequisites (for MRC Wifi):
Connect the MRC WiFi module, and verify your device can connect to its network and obtain an IP address.
Prerequisites (for Digitrax LnWi):
Connect the LnWi, and verify your device can connect to its network and obtain an IP address.