This free Android application connects to a WiThrottle Server. Supported servers include JMRI, DCC-EX, MRC Prodigy WiFi, Digitrax LnWi, and WifiTrax (for NCE). Once connected, you can control your locomotives and your entire model railroad. Speed, direction, and up to 29 DCC functions are supported for one to six locomotives or consists. You can create and edit consists (software-defined). You can also control layout power, turnouts, routes, and access JMRI web panels and windows.
Engine Driver version 2.28.123 includes:
- Option to display 1-4 functions on the 'Simple' Throttle layout
- add "discovered" server for DCC-EX access point
- update ESU Mobile Control II support for newest devices
- New 'Special' consist function following option
- Bug fixes for the 'Complex' string matching consist function following option
- Preference to show the timestamp on the log entries
- Preference to disable the sound and vibrate on disconnect
- change VN connect timeout to explicitly check for version
- prevent crashes reported to Play Store
- Additional French translations by Alain Carasso
- Adjusted button spacing on the vertical throttles
Under Preferences, you can turn off the "stop on release" feature if desired, and you can set a Maximum value and Maximum change% for the throttle sliders. If the throttle slider is too small for your fingers, increase the size in Preferences. You can also set the initial web page for the full-size web panel, and enable the smaller web view on the throttle screen. There are also settings to help maximize the use of your device's smaller screen by hiding items not relevant to you.
On your device, make sure you are connected to the WiThrottle server network.
Start the Engine Driver app and wait for your server's address to show up in "Discovered Servers".
Click on the discovered address, or you can enter the address and port of your WiThrottle server directly. (Using the values shown on the WiThrottle window.)
NOTE: see [here] for wifi connection issues.
On the throttle screen, click on the "Select" loco button for each loco.
Prerequisites (for JMRI):
Verify your Android device can connect to your network via WiFi and obtain an IP address.
Make sure you are running one of the latest versions of JMRI (3.8 works, 4.20+ works much better) on your PC, connected to your layout. Start up JMRI and verify you can use JMRI's included "Throttle" window to control a loco on your layout.
Start the WiThrottle function of JMRI, located in DecoderPro under Tools, Throttles. It is also highly recommended that you start the JMRI Web Server function (Tools, Start JMRI Web Server). Both of these should be added to Preferences, Start Up as well.
Prerequisites (for MRC Wifi):
Prerequisites (for Digitrax LnWi):
Connect the Digitrax LnWi, and verify your device can connect to its network and obtain an IP address.
EngineDriver connects to a WiThrottle Server which then connects to your layout. There are now a variety of supported WiThrottle Servers: